My love affair with books began when I made a bad grade in math in the sixth grade. Not allowed to watch TV until I brought the grade up, I filled my time with books. I turned my love of reading into a love of writing romance. If the hero is a smart, sexy and sinfully rich alpha male, he can be found in my books along with a strong heroine that captures the hero’s heart.
When I’m not writing I lead workshops on time management, promoting your books, learning to live with rejection, collaging your storyline and presenting a memorable workshop. For twenty years I was a high school substitute teacher and that is …another bio. I live near Atlanta, Georgia with my husband of over thirty years and have four grown children, and twin grandchildren. My youngest son received a heart transplant.
I love castles, traveling and sewing, crafting and read voraciously.
A few additional interesting (I think so, anyway) facts about me:
- I have spent the night in a castle on the Scottish border.
- I took my four teenager kids to Europe for an entire summer traveling with only a school size backpack for luggage, and swapped houses in Germany and Wales.
- I’ve been to 49 of the 50 states.
- I got washed overboard while on a deep sea fishing trip.
- I have an Atlanta Olympic Games pin collection.
- I’ve been to Malta.
- My first car was a black and white MGB. Wish I still had it.
- I have snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef.
- I majored in Political Science at Auburn University.
- I’ve ridden in a Jet boat on a New Zealand river.
- I collect apples.
- I love hats.
- My grandfather was born in the territory of Oklahoma.
- I also write nonfiction.
- I’ve ridden a mule into the Grand Canyon and spent the night.
Too much info?